Hawaii's Notorious Burlesque Sweetheart, a Historian of Honolulu Burlesque presents her tassel-twirling exploits in Paradise! A collection of all things pertaining to Burlesque, Cabaret & Vaudeville in the State of Hawaii both past and present!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Sweet Letter from an Eyewitness!


 Woke up this morning to this lovely letter in my-inbox from a nice gentleman and "old school Hawaii burlesque eyewitness" R.L. It made my morning to know that someone out there actually googled the words "Beretania Follies" because of fond memories, and took the time to get in touch to share their memories! Hopefully I can convince him to share a bit more later on his memories of the show, Chinatown and Honolulu in the 60s!

Mahalo for sharing R.L!!!! <3 <3 <3

"Just wanted to send you a little message, concerning The Beretania Follies.
I was stationed at Pearl Harbor, from 1961 to 1964. As most other servicemen there, I visited the Beretania Follies. 
Today, I had a flash back of my days in Hawaii and Googled Beretania Follies. I came across your little article and I want to wish you the best of luck, on your research.
I am sorry that I have no pictures or other information  to send you.
I ,again, wish you the best of luck , on your research.  You have made my day a little happier, thanks!"

-R.L. III

Here's a brief write up on Hawaii burlesque talking about the Beretania Follies by the Hawaiian Historical Society:
http://www.hawaiianhistory.org/time-capsules/daily-life/burlesque/#.UXAsUEruySo

Here's a link to a photo showing the Beretania Follies!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vic-and-becky/5599559756/


Aloha & have a wonderful day!

V